Paul Palmieri (CEO)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
August 25, 1970 |
New Britain, CT
|Alma mater||Mount St. Mary's University|
|Occupation||Venture Advisor, New Enterprise Associates|
Paul Palmieri is an American entrepreneur and business leader in the mobile telecommunications and digital advertising industries. He was the chairman and chief executive officer of Millennial Media (NYSE:MM), a company he founded in 2006 with Chris Brandenburg, until his resignation in January 2014. He is currently a Venture Advisor with New Enterprise Associates.
Paul was born in New Britain, CT, and grew up in Oakhurst, New Jersey. He attended Red Bank Catholic High School, and then went to Mount St. Mary's University, where he graduated with a B.A. in political science.
Following his graduation, Palmieri spent fifteen years working as a business development and telecom executive at companies including Sprint and Verizon Wireless. At Verizon, Paul ran data efforts and helped grow data revenue from $35MM a year into a multiple billion dollar business. Paul devoted much of his time to helping establish the foundations of the mobile content ecosystem and the app economy.
Paul co-founded Millennial Media in May 2006, and in his position as President and CEO, led the company as it grew into the leading independent mobile advertising platform.
In March 2012, Millennial Media became a publicly traded company and its common stock is now listed on the NYSE under the ticker symbol MM 
On January 27, 2014, Palmieri stepped down from his position as CEO at Millennial Media to take on a role as Venture Advisor at New Enterprise Associates. He was succeeded by Michael Barrett, a former Yahoo! Chief Revenue Officer.
- In 2011 Paul was named the Executive of the Year in Media and Entertainment by the American Business Awards 
- In 2010 Paul was named Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year in Maryland 
- https://techcrunch.com/2012/03/28/mobile-ad-network-millennial-media-prices-ipo-at-13-per-share/ TechCrunch - Mobile Ad Network Millennial Media Prices IPO At $13 Per Share, March 28th, 2012.
- http://www.mmaglobal.com/news/mma-elects-new-global-board-executive-committee Mobile Marketing Association - MMA ELECTS NEW GLOBAL BOARD EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, May 10, 2011.
- http://www.iab.net/about_the_iab/iab_board IAB Board Members.
- "Following a strong Q4, Paul Palmieri Steps Down as Millennial Media’s Chairman and CEO". Business Wire. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/awards/403_2649_21094.cfm The American Business Awards.
- http://www.ey.com/US/en/Newsroom/News-releases/Ernst-and-Young-Entrepreneur-Of-The-Year-2010-award-winners-in-Maryland-announced Ernst & Young - Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2010 award winners in Maryland announced, June 19, 2012.