|Headquarters||Rochdale and Marlborough, United Kingdom|
P&M Aviation is a British aircraft manufacturer, specializing in ultralight trikes. The company was formed in 2003 by Keith Duckworth's purchase of two rival British trike manufacturers, Pegasus Aviation and Mainair Sports, hence the name of the new company.
P&M has retained both the former Mainair factory at Rochdale and the Pegasus plant at Manton near Marlborough, Wiltshire, the former carrying out production and the latter research and development.
Solar Wings was the hang glider division of Pegasus Aviation prior to its merger with Mainair. After the merger, Solar Wings gliders were produced in the new combined production facility for a short time. The division produced a wide range of hang gliders from 1980 until it was wound up some time after 2002. Gliders produced include the Solar Wings Breeze and the Solar Wings Scandal series.
|Model name||First flight||Number built||Type|
|Ace Aviation Magic Laser||ultralight trike|
|Mainair Blade||60 (February 2000)||ultralight trike|
|Mainair Rapier||60 (February 2000)||ultralight trike|
|P&M GT450||ultralight trike|
|Pegasus Quantum||1996||over 600||ultralight trike|
|Pegasus Quik||ultralight trike|
|Pegasus Booster||powered hang glider|
|Solar Wings Ace||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Breeze||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Fever||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Rumour||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Rush||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Scandal||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Storm||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Typhoon||hang glider|
|Solar Wings Whisper||hang glider|
- Cliche, Andre: Ultralight Aircraft Shopper's Guide 8th Edition, page C-14 and 16. Cybair Limited Publishing, 2001. ISBN 0-9680628-1-4
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, pages 47, 104 and 106. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- P&M Aviation (n.d.). "About Us". Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "Solar Wings (Hang glider manufacturer)". delta-club-82.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Solar Wings Gliders". Pegasus Aviation. Archived from the original on 18 December 2001. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Downey, Julia: 2000 Trike and 'Chute Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 17, Number 2, February 2000, pages 46-47. Kitplanes Acquisition Company. ISSN 0891-1851
- P&M Aviation (n.d.). "The Pegasus Quantum". Retrieved 19 January 2012.