People's Defense Force
|People's Defense Force|
|First appearance||West Coast Avengers #33 (June 1988)|
|Created by||Steve Englehart
|Base(s)||Bratislava Prison Superhuman Research Complex|
|Member(s)||Beasts of Berlin
Fictional team history
The People's Defense Force is a team of Eastern European superbeings who are linked by the fact that they have individually fought Henry Pym during his earliest exploits as Ant-Man and Giant-Man. They operate as the People's Defense Force out of the Bratislava Prison Superhuman Research Complex in the latter days of European communism.
Members of the People's Defense Force included:
- Beasts of Berlin - The Beasts of Berlin are lowland gorillas mutated to human intelligence and speech. They operate as a team. The Beasts first appear in Tales to Astonish #60 (Oct 1964).
- Madame X (Nina Vladimirovna Tsiolkovsky) - Madame X is a patriot and spy for the communist Hungarian government. She first appears in Tales to Astonish #32 (Oct 1962).
- Scarlet Beetles - The Scarlet Beetles are normal beetles that have been mutated to a size of 10-feet and given human intelligence and speech. The Scarlet Beetles first appear in Tales to Astonish #39 (Jan 1963).
- El Toro (Antonio Rojo) - El Toro is Cuba's first super agent and an early opponent of Henry Pym. He first appears in Tales to Astonish #54 (Apr 1963)
- Voice (Jason Lorne Cragg) - The Voice is a man whose voice can make people who hear him believe that he's speaking the truth. Voice first appears in Tales to Astonish #42 (Apr 1963).
- West Coast Avengers vol. 2, #36 (September 1988)
- Beasts of Berlin at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
- Madame X at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
- Scarlet Beetles at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
- El Toro at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|