Phil Hogan (rugby league)
|Full name||Philip G. Hogan|
|Born||October→December 1954 (age 60–61)
Barrow-in-Furness district, Lancashire
|Position||Second-row, Loose forward/Lock|
|1978–88||Hull Kingston Rovers||151+14||51||51||1||256|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Philip "Phil" G. Hogan (born October→December 1954 (age 60–61) in Barrow-in-Furness district, Lancashire) is an English sports therapist, and professional rugby league footballer of the 1970s, '80s and '90s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, and England, and at club level for Holker Pioneers ARLFC, Barrow (twice), and Hull Kingston Rovers, as a Second-row, or Loose forward/Lock, i.e. number 11 or 12, or 13, during the era of contested scrums.
Phil Hogan won a cap for England while at Hull Kingston Rovers in 1979 against France, and won caps for Great Britain while at Barrow in the 1977 Rugby League World Cup against France, New Zealand, and Australia (2 matches), in 1978 against Australia (sub), while at Hull Kingston Rovers in 1979 against Australia, Australia (sub), New Zealand, and New Zealand (sub).
County Cup final appearances
Phil Hogan played Centre, i.e. number 4, and scored 2-conversions in Hull Kingston Rovers' 7-8 defeat by Leeds in the 1980 Yorkshire Cup final during the 1979–80 season at Fartown Ground, Huddersfield on Saturday 8 November 1980, and played Right-Second-row, i.e. number 12, (replaced by Interchange/Substitute Andy Kelly) in the 22-18 victory over Castleford in the 1985 Yorkshire Cup final during the 1985–86 season at Headingley Stadium, Leeds on Sunday 27 October 1985.
Phil Hogan was transferred from Barrow to Hull Kingston Rovers in 1978 for a then world record fee of £33,000 (based on increases in average earnings, this would be approximately £249,700 in 2013).
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Phil Hogan Sports Therapist". furnesstherapycentre.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Measuring Worth - Relative Value of UK Pounds". Measuring Worth. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Back on the Wembley trail
- Barrow RL’s great Britons
|Rugby League Transfer Record
Barrow to Hull Kingston Rovers