From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Polarized)
|Look up polarization in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Polarization or polarisation can refer to:
In the physical sciences
- Polarization (waves) or State of Polarization (SOP), the direction(s) of the oscillating quantity involved in wave motion.
- Polarization (antenna), the state of polarization (in the above sense) of electromagnetic waves transmitted by or received by a radio antenna
- Dielectric polarization, charge separation in insulating materials:
- Polarization (electrochemistry), a change in the equilibrium potential of an electrochemical reaction
- Concentration polarization, the shift of the electrochemical potential difference across an electrochemical cell from its equilibrium value
- Spin polarization, the degree by which the spin of elementary particles is aligned to a given direction
- Polarizability, an electrical property of atoms or molecules and a separate magnetic property of subatomic particles
- Polarization function, a feature of some molecular modelling methods
- Photon polarization, the mathematical link between wave polarization and spin polarization
- Vacuum polarization, a process in which a background electromagnetic field produces virtual electron-positron pairs
- Polarity in embryogenesis, during development, an embryo has an animal pole and a vegetal pole
- Polarization of an Abelian variety, in the mathematics of complex manifolds
- Polarization of an algebraic form, a technique for expressing a homogeneous polynomial in a simpler fashion by adjoining more variables
- Polarization identity expresses an inner product in terms of its associated norm
- Polarization (economics), an economic process where middle-class jobs disappear more than those at the bottom and the top
- Polarization (politics), the process by which the public opinion divides and goes to the extremes
- Polarization (psychology), the process whereby a social or political group is divided into opposing sub-groups
- Social polarization
- Polarity (disambiguation)
- Polarization, in many disciplines, suggests the tendency to be located close to, or attracted towards, one of the two opposite poles of a continuum
- Polarizer, a device which polarizes light
- Depolarization and hyperpolarization of neuronal membrane potentials (in neuroscience).
- Category:Polarization (waves), for articles about polarization of light and other electromagnetic waves
- Polarization in astronomy
- Induced polarization, a geophysical imaging technique used to identify subsurface materials
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Polarization.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.