Portal:U.S. Roads/Did you know/July 2009
- ... that the southbound lane of Idaho State Highway 41 through Oldtown is actually in Newport, Washington with an unsigned designation of Washington State Route 41?
- ... that Utah State Route 276 includes the only auto ferry in a landlocked western state?
- ... the completion of Interstate 17 shortened the distance of the truck route between Phoenix and Flagstaff, Arizona, by approximately 80 miles (130 km) (versus the former route of U.S. Route 89 between those two cities)?
- ... that although the Utah portion of the Colorado River is over 400 miles (640 km) long, there are only three bridges in the state that cross it: the Dewey Bridge (pictured in 2006), an unnamed bridge carrying US 191 and the Hite Crossing Bridge?
- ... that ownership and maintenance of New York State Route 338 was transferred from the state of New York to Washington County just 16 years after the state originally acquired the highway?