|Headquarters||Cary, North Carolina, United States|
|Products||GPS tracking devices|
The company was founded in 2008 as Positioning Animals Worldwide Inc. and launched SpotLight and SpotLite GPS pet locator in collaboration with American Kennel Club Companion Animal Recovery (AKC CAR). In 2010 the company changed its name to Securus, Inc., to reflect its diversification into new markets. The company's chief executive officer is Chris Newton.
In 2011, Securus, Inc acquired Zoombak, LLC from TruePosition, Inc., a subsidiary of Liberty Media. Zoombak, Inc was known for developing GPS-based products that help people track things, ranging from teenage drivers to employees, pets and automobiles.
In March 2015, it was announced that Securus was selling its personal emergency response service (PERS) platform to Ogden, UT-based Freeus, LLC, sister company of AvantGuard Monitoring Systems. That same month, it was announced that BrickHouse Security acquired Securus, including Zoombak and related brands.
- "Securus, Inc. receives investment from Naples Ventures, LLC Robert DiRomualdo to join Board of Directors". Charlotte dbusinessnews. 2010-08-03. Archived from the original on 2011-08-13.
- "Family pet wander off? Device can help in search, Raleigh company's Spotlight uses GPS technology to track your stray pet". Charlotte Observer. 2009-04-12. p. 3D. Retrieved 2010-03-10.
The company behind Spotlight: Positioning Animals Worldwide, or PAW. It partnered with the American Kennel Club's Companion Animal Recovery division, ...
- Keith, Christie (2009-06-23). "A world of gadgets for your pet / What's truly useful technology, and what's just a gimmick?". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Khuly, Patty (2009-12-10). "Top 10 holiday gifts for dogs, cats and their owners". USA Today. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Stock, Sue (2009-04-15). "Device can track your stray pet". Pantagraph. Bloomington, Illinois. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "GPS pet protections system from Securus, Inc and AKC CAR".
- "Securus, Inc. Launches its Newest GPS-Based Pet Protection System, SpotLITE". Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC. 2010-09-30.
- "Securus Acquires Zoombak from TruePosition (Liberty Media)". gpsbusinessnews.com. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Securus' PERS Business Acquired by Freeus". Talari.com. 2015-03-03. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "BrickHouse Security Acquires Securus GPS and Zoombak Brand". gpsbusinessnews.com. 2015-03-12. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|