From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Prefetch)
|Look up prefetching in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prefetching may refer to:
- Instruction prefetch, in computer architecture, a microprocessor speedup technique
- Prefetch input queue (PIQ), in computer architecture, pre-loading machine code from memory
- Link prefetching, a web mechanism for prefetching links
- The Prefetcher technology in modern releases of Microsoft Windows
- prefetch instructions, for example provided by PREFETCH an X86 instruction in computing
- Prefetch buffer, a feature of DDR SDRAM memory
- Swap prefetch, in computer operating systems, anticipatory paging
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prefetching.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.