Quarantine (Crace novel)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Quarantine (Jim Crace novel))
First edition cover
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
Set in the Judean desert, 2000 years ago. It features 7 main characters:
- Musa: a greedy trader, believed by the Galilean to be a manifestation of Satan
- Miri: Musa's pregnant wife
- Marta: fasting between dawn and dusk in an attempt to turn her barren womb fertile
- Shim: a young traveller
- Aphas: fasting between dawn and dusk in an attempt to remove the cancer from his abdomen
- Badu: believed to be deaf and mute; good at catching animals
- The Galilean/Gally/Jesus: aiming to fast for 40 days and nights with divine help; plagued by religious/spiritual hallucinations/visions.
|This article about a historical novel of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.