Robert William Davies
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from R.W. Davies)
|R. W. Davies|
23 April 1925 |
London, England, United Kingdom
|Institutions||University of Birmingham|
|Alma mater||University of London
University of Birmingham
Robert William "Bob" Davies, best known as R. W. Davies, (born 23 April 1925) is professor emeritus of Soviet Economic Studies, University of Birmingham. He was born in London. He served in the Royal Air Force from 1943 to 1946.
- Soviet history in the Yeltsin Era, 1997
- Soviet history in the Gorbachev revolution, 1989, ISBN 0-253-31604-9
- Soviet economic development from Lenin to Khrushchev, 1998, ISBN 0-521-62260-3
- Crisis and Progress in the Soviet Economy (1931–1933), 1996
- (compiled and edited by R.W. Davies) The Stalin-Kaganovich correspondence, 1931–1936, Yale University Press, 2003, ISBN 0-300-09367-5
- (with Mark Harrison, S. G. Wheatcroft) The Economic transformation of the Soviet Union, 1913–1945, Cambridge University Press, 1994, ISBN 0-521-45152-3
- (edited by S. G. Wheatcroft, Robert William Davies) Materials for a balance of the Soviet national economy, 1928–1930
- (with Denis J. B. Shaw) The Soviet Union, Unwin Hyman, 1989, ISBN 0-04-445205-5
- The Soviet Collective Farm 1929–1930 (Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press, 1980)
- The Years of Hunger: Soviet Agriculture, 1931–33 by R.W. Davies and S.G. Wheatcroft, 2004
- The Soviet economy in turmoil, 1929–1930 (Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Pressversity Press, 1989)
- The Years of Progress: the Soviet Economy, 1934-1936, (Palgrave/Macmillan, 2014)
- European: Webster's Timeline History 1973–1977. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Directory of European Political Scientists - European Consortium for Political Research. Central Services. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Who's who in the World - Marquis Who's Who, LLC. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "Professor Bob Davies - Centre for Russian and East European Studies - University of Birmingham". Birmingham.ac.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Julian Cooper, Maureen Perrie and E. A. Rees (eds), Soviet History 1917-1945: Essays in Honour of R. W. Davies (London, Macmillan, 1995)