The Registry of Open Access Repositories Mandatory Archiving Policies (ROARMAP) is a searchable international registry charting the growth of open-access mandates adopted by universities, research institutions and research funders that require their researchers to provide open access to their peer-reviewed research article output by depositing it in an open access repository. ROARMAP was created by EPrints at University of Southampton in 2003. As of October 2015, open-access mandates have been adopted by more than 520 universities and more than 75 research funders worldwide. ROARMAP mandates are classified in terms of strength and effectiveness in MELIBEA
ROARMAP's companion, the Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR), is a searchable international database indexing the creation, location and growth of institutional repositories and their contents. To date, over 3000 institutional and cross-institutional repositories have been registered in ROAR.
- Moskovkin, VM (2008) Institutional policies for open access to the results of scientific research . Scientific and Technical Information Processing. 35 (6) 269–273, doi:10.3103/S0147688208060075
- Sale, AHJ (2007) The patchwork mandate . D-Lib Magazine, 13 (1/2). ISSN 1082–9873
- Manikandan, S; N Isai Vani (2010) "Restricting access to publications from funded research: Ethical issues and solutions." Journal of Postgraduate Medicine 56(2): 154–156
- Lyons, Charles; H Austin Booth (2010) "An Overview of Open Access in the Fields of Business and Management". Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship 16(2): 1080124 doi:10.1080/08963568.2011.554786
- Hurrell, A. C. (2012) Open access policies on scholarly publishing in the university context. BCLA Browser: Linking the Library Landscape, 4(3).
- "Browse by Policymaker Type". ROARMAP. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- Gargouri, Y., Lariviere, V., Gingras, Y., Brody, T., Carr, L., & Harnad, S. (2012). Testing the Finch Hypothesis on Green OA Mandate Ineffectiveness. arXiv preprint arXiv:1210.8174.
- [MELIBEA directory and estimator of institutional open-access policies http://www.accesoabierto.net/politicas/default.php ]
- ROARMAP Official Site
- Harvard Mandates
- NIH Mandate
- OSTP Mandate
- European Union Horizon2020 Mandate
- UK HEFCE Mandate (proposed: not yet adopted)
- Liege Mandate
- UNESCO worldwide list of funder mandates
- MELIBEA (Mandates Classified by Strength)