Ramayan (1986 TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
Ramayan promotional poster
|Created by||Ramanand Sagar|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Running time||35 minutes|
|Original release||25 January 1986 – 31 July 1988|
|Followed by||Luv Kush|
Ramayan is an Indian epic television series, which aired during 1986-1988, created, written, and directed by Ramanand Sagar. The remake of Ramayan series was again presented by Sagar Arts and which aired on NDTV Imagine in 2008.
The serial was brought to the small screen by Sagar Art Enterprises. The list of technicians is as follows:
Screenplay & Dialogue - Ramanand Sagar; Special Effects - Ravikant Nagaich; Technical Advisor - Prem Sagar; Lyrics & Music - Ravindra Jain; Title Music - Jaidev; Executive Producer - Subhash Sagar; Second Unit Directors - Anand Sagar & Moti Sagar; Produced & Directed - Ramanand Sagar.
- Arun Govil as Ram
- Deepika Chikhalia as Sita
- Sunil Lahri as Lakshman
- Sanjay Jog as Bharat
- Sameer Rajda as Shatrughna
- Dara Singh as Hanuman
- Bal Dhuri as Dashratha
- Jayshree Gadkar as Kaushalya
- Rajni Bala as Sumitra
- Padma Khanna as Kaikeyi
- Lalita Pawar as Manthara
- Sulakshana Khatri as Mandavi
- Anjali Vyas as Urmila
- Poonam Shetty as Shrutakirti
- Arvind Trivedi as Ravana / Sage Vishrava
- Vijay Arora as Indrajit
- Nalin Dave as Kumbhakarna
- Mukesh Rawal as Vibhishana
- Aparajita as Mandodari
- Mulraj Rajda as Janak
- Chandrashekhar as Sumanta
- Shyamsundar Kaalaani as Sugriva / Vali
- Vijay Kavish as Shiva / Valmiki
- Bandini Mishra as Parvati
- Sudhir Dalvi as Vasishta
- Anita Kashyap as Trijata
- Shrikant Soni as Vishwamitra
- "Behind the scenes: Dress designers to actors & deities". The Tribune. 20 April 2003. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Ramayan to be back on small screen". Movie ndtv.
- "NDTV Imagine to recreate ‘Ramayan’ magic". Media 247.
- Karp, Jonathan and Williams, Michael. "Reigning Hindu TV Gods of India Have Viewers Glued to Their Sets." The Wall Street Journal, 22 April 1998
- Lutgendorf, Philip (1991). The Life of a Text: Performing the Ramcharitmanas of Tulsidas. Berkeley, California: University of California Press. ISBN 0-520-06690-1.
- Lutgendorf, Philip (1990). "Ramayan: The Video". TDR/The Drama Review (The MIT Press) 34 (2): 127–176. doi:10.2307/1146030. ISSN 1054-2043. JSTOR 1146030.
- Lutgendorf, Philip (2006). "All in the (Raghu) Family: A Video Epic in Cultural Context". In Hawley, John Stratton; Narayanan, Vasudha. The Life of Hinduism. The Life of Religion. Berkeley: University of California Press. pp. 140–157. ISBN 978-0-520-24913-4.
- National Endowment for the Humanities. "Lessons of the Epics: The Ramayana". EdSITEment Lesson Plans. Available online from http://edsitement.neh.gov/view_lesson_plan.asp?id=599 (18 January 2006).