Realty Income Corporation
The Monthly Dividend Company
|Traded as||NYSE: O|
S&P 500 Index component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
|Founder||William E. Clark, Jr.|
Evelyn J. Clark
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
| Michael D. McKee, Chairman|
Sumit Roy, CEO
Paul M. Meurer, CFO
|Products||Free-standing, single-tenant commercial properties|
|Revenue||$1.215 billion (2017)|
|$0.319 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||$14.058 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$7.390 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Realty Income Corporation is a real estate investment trust that invests in free-standing, single-tenant commercial properties in the United States and Puerto Rico that are subject to NNN Leases. The company is organized in Maryland with its headquarters in San Diego, California.
The company is one of a few real estate investment trusts that pays dividends monthly, rather than quarterly.
As of December 31, 2017, the company owned 5,172 properties totaling 89.6 million rentable square feet, with an average property size of 12,060 square feet per retail property and 224,340 square feet per industrial property.
The company's largest tenants are as follows:
|Rank||Tenant||% of Total Revenue|
|9||BJ's Wholesale Club||2.2%|
|10||Treasury Wine Estates||2.1%|
The company used cash to purchase land needed for stores that required real estate to run, and then leased the property to the stores long term.
In 2018 Sumit Roy became the company's CEO.
- "Realty Income Corporation 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Frankel, Matthew (June 3, 2015). "Realty Income Corporation: How a Taco Bell Evolved Into a $10 Billion REIT". The Motley Fool.
- WOLFF, ERIC (December 8, 2010). "REAL ESTATE: Local company ready to reap the bubble's remains". The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- "Realty Income Names John P. Case to Succeed Tom A. Lewis As Chief Executive Officer" (Press release). PR Newswire. September 3, 2013.
- "William E. Clark to Retire as Realty Income Chairman" (Press release). Business Wire. September 3, 2013.
- "Realty Income To Acquire American Realty Capital Trust In $2.95 Billion Transaction" (Press release). PR Newswire. September 6, 2012.
- "Realty Income Closes American Realty Capital Trust Acquisition" (Press release). Business Wire. January 22, 2013.
- "Realty Income Set to Join S&P 500; Windstream, Douglas Emmett to Join the S&P MidCap 400; Gentherm, Echo Global Logistics to Join the S&P SmallCap 600" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 27, 2015.