Realty Income Corporation
|Traded as||NYSE: O|
S&P 500 Index component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
|Founder||William E. Clark, Jr.|
Evelyn J. Clark
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
| Michael D. McKee, Chairman|
Sumit Roy, CEO
Paul M. Meurer, CFO
|Products||Free-standing, single-tenant commercial properties|
|Revenue||$1.38 billion (2018)|
|$0.364 billion (2018)|
|Total assets||$15.26 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||$8.12 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Realty Income Corporation is a real estate investment trust that invests in free-standing, single-tenant commercial properties in the United States and Puerto Rico that are subject to NNN Leases. The company is organized in Maryland with its headquarters in San Diego, California.
As of December 31, 2018, the company owned 5,797 properties totaling 93.3 million rentable square feet, with an average property size of 16,110 square feet per retail property and 229,000 square feet per industrial property.
The company's largest tenants are as follows:
|Rank||Tenant||% of Total Revenue|
|6||Dollar Tree/Family Dollar||3.4%|
|9||Circle K/Couche Tard||2.3%|
|10||BJ's Wholesale Club||2.0%|
The company used cash to purchase land needed for stores that required real estate to run, and then leased the property to the stores long term.
In 2018, Sumit Roy became the company's CEO.
In 2019, the company completed a sale-leaseback transaction for 12 properties of the United Kingdom supermarket chain Sainsbury's. This was the company's first purchase of property outside the United States.
- "Realty Income Corporation 2018 Form 10-K Annual Report" (PDF). U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Registered trademark for The Monthly Dividend Company". United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Frankel, Matthew (June 3, 2015). "Realty Income Corporation: How a Taco Bell Evolved Into a $10 Billion REIT". The Motley Fool.
- WOLFF, ERIC (December 8, 2010). "REAL ESTATE: Local company ready to reap the bubble's remains". The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- "Realty Income Names John P. Case to Succeed Tom A. Lewis As Chief Executive Officer" (Press release). PR Newswire. September 3, 2013.
- "William E. Clark to Retire as Realty Income Chairman" (Press release). Business Wire. September 3, 2013.
- "Realty Income To Acquire American Realty Capital Trust In $2.95 Billion Transaction" (Press release). PR Newswire. September 6, 2012.
- "Realty Income Closes American Realty Capital Trust Acquisition" (Press release). Business Wire. January 22, 2013.
- "Realty Income Set to Join S&P 500; Windstream, Douglas Emmett to Join the S&P MidCap 400; Gentherm, Echo Global Logistics to Join the S&P SmallCap 600" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 27, 2015.
- Brad Thomas (2019-04-23). "The Monthly Dividend Company Goes Global". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-07-06. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Business data for Realty Income Corporation: