This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||TSX: RKN|
|Ms. Danielle Royston, CEO|
|Products||Unified  |
Turnkey Converged Billing (TCB)
Next Generation Rating & Charging (NGRC)
One Call Resolution
Number of employees
Optiva Inc. (formerly Redknee Solutions, Inc.) is based in Toronto, Canada, and is a provider of OSS/BSS software and services to the telecommunications industry. Optiva’s activities lie in rating and charging, converged billing, customer experience management, interconnect billing and customer care. Its products address wireless, fixed line, satellite, WiMAX, MVNO and broadband providers across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Optiva is one of the pioneers in the real-time converged billing, rating and charging domain – with more than 50 issued patents or patent pending applications. The company's software products support more than 200 operators across 90 countries, accounting for the management of more than 22 billion network transactions per month.
Optiva’s customers include a global list of network operators, such as AT&T, O2, Singtel, Telefónica, Telus, T-Mobile, Vodafone and Zain. Optiva has been a publicly listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) since 2008.
Redknee Solutions was launched by CEO, Lucas Skoczkowski, with four other co-founders in 1999. The company expanded into Europe in 2000 and opened R&D facilities in Pune, India in 2004. It became listed as an IPO on the London AIM Index in 2007 and on the Toronto Stock Exchange the following year. It acquired Argent Networks (2007), Nimbus Systems (2010), Nokia Siemens Networks BSS division (2013), and Orga Systems (2015). In 2017 ESW Capital took control of the company removing the CEO, Lucas Skoczkowski, and replacing him with Danielle Royston from ESW Group.  Redknee Solutions announced a name change to Optiva on Jan 16, 2018. The rebranding effort was complete on April 5, 2018.
- Nick Waddell. "Cantech Letter". Cantech Letter. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- http://www.mobileeurope.co.uk/news_analysis/114801/Openet_celebrates_Cisco_deal,_but_Redknee_says_it_has_the_patents.html Openet celebrates Cisco deal, but Optiva says it has the patents
- http://www.redknee.com/successes/customers Customers
- http://www.redknee.com/public/_uploads/RK_Brochure_2010%281%29.pdf Redknee Corporate Brochure
- http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/October2008/21/c7885.html Redknee Common Shares Approved for Trading on Toronto Stock Exchange
- http://www.financialpost.com/small-business/business-solutions/story.html?id=2653342 Patience Pays Off
- http://www.redknee.com/news_events/news_releases/older_new_releases/43/ Redknee Announces Business Expansion in Toronto and Dublin
- http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/sbrp-rppe.nsf/eng/rd02458.html Redknee Solutions Inc.:Planning for Success
- https://www.theglobeandmail.com/archives/canadian-tech-firm-goes-public----in-uk/article746327/ Canadian Tech Firm Goes Public -- in U.K.
- http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=150073 Redknee Buys Argent's InBill
- "Redknee Closes Nimbus Buy". Light Reading. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Redknee to Pay $52M for NSN's BSS Unit". Light Reading. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Redknee to Acquire Orga Systems". Redknee Press Release. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Redknee Enters into Subscription Agreement with ESW Capital, LLC". Redknee Press Release. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "Redknee Solutions Inc. Announces Changes to Board of Directors and Executive Leadership". Redknee Press Release. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "Redknee Solutions Announces Name Change to Optiva™ and Advances Strategic Plan". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- http://www.tmforum.org/MemberNewsAnnouncements/REDKNEERECEIVESMANAGEMENT/41259/article.html Redknee Receives Management Excellence Award
- http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2148999/ Redknee Named One of Stratecast's 10 to Watch in 2009
- "TSTT Trinidad and Tobago Upgrades to Latest Version of Redknee's Convergent Billing & Customer Care". thefastmode.com. The Fast Mode. 10 March 2014.