(Redirected from Restrain)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up restraint in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Restraint may refer to:
- Self-control, a personal virtue
- Physical restraint, the practice of rendering people helpless or keeping them in captivity by means such as handcuffs, ropes, straps, etc.
- Medical restraint, form of general physical restraint used for medical purposes
- Restraint (film), an Australian thriller directed by David Deenan
- Restraint (book), a non-fiction book on international relations by Barry Posen
- Judicial restraint, a theory of judicial interpretation that encourages judges to limit the exercise of their own power
- Prior restraint, a government's actions that prevent materials from being distributed
- Restraint on alienation, in property law, a clause that seeks to prohibit the recipient of property from transferring his or her interest
- Restraint of trade, a restriction on a person's freedom to conduct business
- Vertical restraints, agreements between firms or individuals at different levels of the production and distribution process
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Restraint.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.