Part of the Ring Racer's turnaround.
|Opening date||31 October 2013|
|Closing date||4 November 2013|
|Type||Steel – Launched|
|Track layout||Raceway-style oval layout|
|Lift/launch system||Pneumatic launch|
|Height||37.5 m (123 ft)|
|Length||1,212 m (3,976 ft)|
|Speed||160.0 km/h (99.4 mph)|
|Capacity||400 riders per hour|
|Acceleration||0 to 99.4 mph (0 to 160 km/h) in 2 seconds|
|Height restriction||55 in (140 cm)|
|Ring Racer at RCDB
Pictures of Ring Racer at RCDB
It was originally planned to accelerate from 0 to 217 kilometres per hour (135 mph) in 2.5 seconds. parallel to the grand prix track. However, two defects in the launch system delayed its opening until 2013. On 3 September 2009, a series of explosions in the pneumatic system caused injuries to seven people, and shattered windows.
It was manufactured by S&S Worldwide and features a pneumatic launch. This accelerates the coaster from 0–99.4 mph (0–160 km/h) in less than 2 seconds, double the acceleration of a Formula 1 driver in the same period of time.
In 2014, it was announced by Nürburgring that Ring Racer wouldn't start running again as the ride is not economically viable.
- Noble, Jonathan (July 13, 2009). "Grapevine: Paddock Life: Nurburgring edition - F1 - Autosport Plus". Autosport. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- Marden, Duane. "Ring Racer - Nürburgring (Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- "Wie aus einem kleinen „Zwischenfall“ ein großer Vertuschungs-Skandal werden kann". motor-kritik.de. September 9, 2009. Archived from the original on August 25, 2011. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- "Themen des Tages". Eifel Zeitung. April 10, 2015. Archived from the original on October 4, 2015. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- MacDonald, Brady (June 25, 2013). "RingRacer: Top speed record now out of reach for oft-delayed German coaster". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- "ring°racer". Nürburgring. Archived from the original on February 3, 2012. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- "Start frei für den Ringracer - aber erst im Frühjahr". Hamacher-stefan.de. Rheinzeitung. 30 September 2009. Retrieved 2016-08-01.