From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from River Avon (disambiguation))
River Avon derives from "Afon" or "Abona", British Celtic for 'river', and the generic word has been borrowed into English to refer to many specific rivers. It may refer to:
- River Avon, Devon, running from Ryder's Hill to Bigbury (also known as River Aune)
- River Avon, Warwickshire, running from Naseby to Tewkesbury (also known as Shakespeare's Avon)
- River Avon, Hampshire, running from Pewsey to Christchurch (also known as Salisbury Avon)
- River Avon, Bristol, running from Acton Turville to Avonmouth
- Avon Water, Hampshire, running from Holmsley in the New Forest to Keyhaven
- River Avon, Falkirk, running from near Cumbernauld to Grangemouth
- River Avon, Strathspey, running from Ben Macdui to Cragganmore
- Avon Water, running from south of Darvel to Motherwell
- River Avon, occasional anglicisation of the River Afan
- Afon, the Welsh word for river, often anglicised to 'avon'
- Avon River (Mid-Coast Council), New South Wales
- Avon River (Wollongong), New South Wales
- Avon River (Gippsland, Victoria)
- Avon River (Grampians, Victoria)
- Avon River (Western Australia)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title River Avon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.