- For the River Agencies of Nigeria see Nigerian Ports Authority and Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency.
The Rivers Agency is an Executive Agency of the Department for Infrastructure (DfI), in the Northern Ireland Executive. It is the statutory drainage and flood defence authority for Northern Ireland under the terms of the Drainage (Northern Ireland) Order 1973.
The Strategic Flood Map (NI)  - Rivers & Sea was developed by Rivers Agency in co-operation with the Department of the Environment (DOE). The primary aim of the Strategic Flood Map is to provide an illustration of the areas throughout Northern Ireland that are considered to be at risk of flooding from rivers and the sea. In December 2011 a new version of the map was released that refreshed the information on rivers and the sea, updated the historical information to include the latest flood events and for the first time it included a surface water flood layer.
The Map is designed to:
- Help us and others to plan and manage our work to reduce flood risk.
- To encourage people living and working in areas prone to flooding to find out more and take appropriate action.
- Inform anyone who wants to apply for planning permission if flooding is likely to be an important consideration.
- "Legislation.gov.uk". The Drainage (Northern Ireland) Order 1973. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- "Legislation.gov.uk". The Water Environment (Floods Directive) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- "Rivers Agency Website". Rivers Agency Business Plan 2011-12. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- "Rivers Agency Website". Strategic Flood Map (NI). Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- "NI Direct Website". On-Line Flood Map is updated. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- "Rivers Agency Website". Retrieved 2012-05-18.
|This article related to government in the United Kingdom or its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|