Rob & Fab
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rob & Fab
|Genres||New jack swing, hip hop|
|Associated acts||Milli Vanilli|
The Real Milli Vanilli
|Past members||Fab Morvan|
Rob & Fab was a short-lived German pop and dance music duo formed and fronted by Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan in 1990, following their departure from the commercially successful but ill-fated group Milli Vanilli.
In the wake of the Milli Vanilli lip-synching scandal, Pilatus and Morvan moved to Los Angeles and acquired a new manager, Sandy Gallin. They signed with The Joss Entertainment Group, with whom they recorded new songs featuring their own vocals.
Their first and only album, Rob & Fab, was financed by Joss subsidiary Taj Records in 1992 and released under the Joss Entertainment label in 1993. A single, "We Can Get It On," was made available for radio play to promote the album but did not see much commercial success. Additionally, due to financial constraints, the album was distributed only in the United States, the market that had become the most critical of Milli Vanilli. "We Can Get It On" failed to chart and the album itself only sold around 2,000 copies.
Over the next two years, the relationship between Pilatus and Morvan soured and the pair stopped speaking to one another. The duo subsequently disbanded and Taj Records went out of business shortly thereafter. Rob & Fab would be the final work by Pilatus prior to his death in 1998. A Milli Vanilli comeback album, Back and in Attack, was recorded in 1997 but remains unreleased. Morvan would go on to have a successful solo career, releasing his first album, Love Revolution, in 2003.
Rob & Fab (album)
|Rob & Fab|
|Studio album by |
Rob & Fab
|Genre||Dance-pop, new jack swing, hip hop|
|Singles from Rob & Fab|
- We Can Get It On (Kenny Taylor, Ivan May, Fabrice Morvan) - 3:38
- Do I (Kenny Taylor) - 4:19
- Please Don't Throw It All Away (Kenny Taylor, Renard Gallo) - 3:40
- A Kiss 4 Now (Kenny Taylor, Rob Pilatus) - 3:54
- That's What My Heart Says (Steve Deutsch, Larry Brown) - 4:14
- Where Do We Go From Here? (Kenny Taylor, Fabrice Morvan) - 4:17
- Get Ready (Volker Barber, Rob Pilatus, Fabrice Morvan) - 4:30
- Let's Do It (Kenny Taylor, Ricki Taylor) - 3:39
- I Just Want to Be Your Everything (Mick Leeson, Peter Vale) - 4:53
- Land of the Free (Volker Barber, Rob Pilatus, Fabrice Morvan) - 4:29
- I Want You to Want Me (Rick Nielsen) - 4:29