|Genres||Traditional Japanese music, new-age, world|
|Occupation(s)||Shakuhachi player, composer, record producer|
Rodrigo Rodriguez (born 29 August 1978) is a Spanish shakuhachi player, musical producer, and composer.
Life and career
Rodrigo Rodriguez was born in 1978 in Argentina, San Carlos de Bolivar.He moved with his family to Mallorca, Spain in 1986. He began playing and study classical western music when he was 10 years old. Rodriguez studied classical guitar and composition in order to classical western music. 
He has lived and studied shakuhachi in Japan under the discipline of the Master Kaoru Kakizakai in The International Shakuhachi Kenshunkan School and with Kohachiro Miyata one of Japan's leading players of the shakuhachi.
In 2008 he put out the album "Various Artists Music That Illuminates Your Life" by the record company Gemini Sun Records which was distributed by ADA / Warner Music Group sharing multi-artist compilation with artists as David Arkenstone and Terry Oldfield.
Rodrigo has performed worldwide, at stages like Imperial Hotel Tokyo, NHK Culture events, and in the Temple Kōtoku-in of the "Great Buddha" of Kamakura city which is one of the most famous icons of Japan.
In 2012 he was invited to perform in Moscow, in the Tchaikovsky Conservatory for the International Festival "Nihon No Kokoro" which is directed by scientific and creative “World Music Cultures Center" of the Moscow Tchaikovsky State Conservatory.
On march 1, 2013, Rodriguez released his sixth album "The Road of Hasekura Tsunenaga " dedicated to the first Japanese diplomatic mission to Spain,which departed from Ishinomaki in October 1613 and arrived in Seville 1614. The album was supported by Japan Foundation , Embassy of Japan in Spain, Coria del Rio, Casa Galicia Japon, SGAE and the committee of the Spain-Japan Dual Year.
He continues to tour the world playing in large and small venues. In November 2014, he performed in the city of Sendai and Ishinomaki for the recovery of 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. The tour was sponsored by Embassy of Spain in Tokyo and the Sendai Ikuei Gakuen school.
In 2014 Rodrigo Rodriguez was invited to perform at the first International World Congress of Jikiden Reiki, held in the city of Barcelona, for the conference of Japanese author and researcher Dr. Masaru Emoto.
In 2016 Rodrigo Rodriguez offer his first concert in the United States, in the city of Eau Claire, Wisconsin Gantner Concert Hall Haas Fine Arts Center. 
- Inner Thoughts, 2006
- Across the East, 2007
- Beyond the Times, 2008
- Shakuhachi Meditations, 2010
- Traditional and Modern Pieces - Shakuhachi -, 2012
- The Road of Hasekura Tsunenaga, 2013
- Music for Zen Meditation-, 2015
- 2008 : "Various Artists Music That Illuminates Your Life"'
- Biography from AllMusic
- Rodrigo Rodriguez on RTVE (Spanish Radio and Television Corporation)
- The International Komuso Society
- Last Fm
- Biography from Jazz Times
- Morpheus Music Reviews
- Cd reviews Jazz Times
- Various Artists
- Ultima Hora. "Interview 1 may 2010". Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- Echoes. "Top 25 for August". Retrieved 28 August 2008.
- Namban Art. "Japanese Embassies". Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- Rtve. "Interview Spanish National Radio". Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Sendai Ikueii. "Ishinomaki". Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- Peacefull Radio. "Peacefull Radio". Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Reiki Tradicional. "Reiki Tradicional". Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- World Flute Society. "World flute Society".