Rudolf of St Trond
He wrote a chronicle Gesta Abbatum Trudonensium, on the abbots of his abbey, beginning in 999; it is included in the Paleographie musicale and the Monumenta Germaniae Historica. His description of monastic life includes details of musical practice and training methods of Guido of Arezzo. Historian Henri de Lubac wrote that he showed "a very exacting and almost combative idea of historical truth."
- Rodulf, Rodolfus, Rodolphe, Radulphus, Rudolph, Raoul.
- Radulphus of St. Trond
- Rudolf Steglich, Die Quaestiones in musica: ein Choraltraktat des zentralen Mittelalters und ihr mutmasslicher Verfasser, Rudolf von St Trond (1070–1138) (Leipzig, 1911/R)
- Dolores Pesce, The Affinities and Medieval Transposition (1987), pp. 39-40.
- Gordon A. Anderson and C. Matthew Balensuela. "Rodolfus of St Truiden". In Macy, Laura. Grove Music Online. Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press. (subscription required)
- Medieval Exegesis (1988 translation), p. 73.
- (French) musicologie.org page