|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 81st district
January 9, 2013 – July 24, 2016
|Preceded by||Renée Kosel (redistricted)|
|Member of the Illinois Senate
from the 21st district
November 30, 2010 – January 9, 2013
|Preceded by||Daniel Cronin|
|Succeeded by||Michael Connelly|
|Residence||Downers Grove, Illinois|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (B.A., 1986)
DePaul University (J.D., 1989)
Ronald "Ron" Sandack was a member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 81st district from 2013 to 2016. Prior to his appointment Sandack was the Mayor of Downers Grove, Illinois, where he served from 2007 to 2011.
He received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1986 and his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law in 1989. Prior to his election as mayor, Sandack served on the Downers Grove Village Council. His service to Downers Grove began in  with his appointment to the Village Liquor Commission.
Sandack was appointed to the Illinois Senate in 2010, replacing Daniel Cronin who resigned his position to become the chairman of the DuPage County Board. From 2013 until his resignation, he was a member of the Illinois House of Representatives. Sandack was the Republican House floor leader and was known for being outspoken on social media, and was a strong supporter of Governor Bruce Rauner.
Sandack abruptly resigned from the Illinois House of Representatives on July 24, 2016, citing "cyber-security issues", as he found several fake social media accounts that were set up in his name. He later said he resigned because politics were becoming "too ugly", further citing the fake social media accounts as well as automated phone calls that accused him of "accosting a Democratic staff member." A replacement will be selected by local Republican leaders in August.
Sandack is married with two children.
- "Ronald Sandack's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Representative Ron Sandack (R)". Illinois General Assembly. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Garcia, Monique (July 25, 2016). "Suburban Lawmaker Abruptly Resigns, Citing Hacked Social Media Accounts". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Goudie, Chuck (July 25, 2016). "Top-Ranking GOP Illinois State Lawmaker Ron Sandack Resigns". abc7chicago.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Garcia, Monique (July 26, 2016). "Rauner Ally Chalks Up Abrupt Resignation as Politics Getting 'Too Ugly'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Riopell, Mike (2016-07-24). "Top Republican lawmaker resigns suddenly citing "cyber security issues"". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Ron Sandack (R) 21st District at the Illinois General Assembly
- State Senator Ron Sandack
- Ron Sandack for State Senator
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Illinois State Senate Republicans
- Ronald L. Sandack attorney profile at Gaido & Fintzen
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|