Rui Ricardo Dias
|Rui Ricardo Dias|
December 9, 1978 |
Santa Maria do Suaçuí, Minas Gerais
Rui Ricardo Dias (born December 9, 1978) is a Brazilian actor. He is best known for his performance as former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva from ages 18 to 35 in Fábio Barreto's Lula, o filho do Brasil.
Dias was born in Santa Maria do Suaçuí, Minas Gerais. He acted in small roles in São Paulo theatrical productions since he was 16 years old, and graduated in theater from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo. Only recently he decided to send his resume for film roles. Before he landed the lead role in Lula, o filho do Brasil, Dias performed to an average audience of 20 people.
His plans for Lula, o filho do Brasil were modest. He made tests for small extra roles such as a nurse and a unionized worker. At this moment, Tay Lopes was already cast as Lula. A few weeks later, Lopes announced he was leaving the production for medical reasons. When Dias thought he would not even be in the picture at all, he was invited to do a screen test for the lead role. According to him, it was the scene of one of Lula's first speech that landed him the lead role. He had to gain 22 pounds (10 kilograms) and grow a beard for the role.
Beside the high expectations for the film, Dias is doubtful about his future, claiming to be currently "unemployed". He says he will not be disappointed if the role will not open doors for him, because his "life will always be in the theater".
- 2010 – Lula, o filho do Brasil
- Profile at AdoroCinema.com
- (Portuguese) CAMPBELL, Ullisses. "Ator que faz o papel de Lula no filme dirigido pelo cineasta Fábio Barreto sonha com novos projetos". Correio Braziliense. January 1, 2010.
- (Portuguese) OROSCO, Dolores. "‘Olhos marejados’ do presidente inspiraram protagonista de ‘Lula’". G1. January 1, 2010.
- (Portuguese) MORATELLI, Valmir. "Lula do cinema: 'Filme pega popularidade na imagem do presidente, não o contrário'". Último Segundo. December 11, 2009.
- (Portuguese) SOUZA, Ana Carloina. "Rui Ricardo Diaz, de 'Lula, o filho do Brasil', fala do presidente". Extra. December 8, 2009.