The Yokota family, husband Shigeru (born November 14, 1932) and wife Sakie (born February 4, 1936) along with their twins sons Takuya and Testuya founded the Japanese National Association for the Rescue of Japanese Kidnapped by North Korea in 1997. The Association supports the victims of North Korea's abductions of Japanese citizens in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The Yokotas' daughter Megumi was kidnapped in 1977 by North Korean spies.
- North Korean abductions of Japanese
- Abduction: The Megumi Yokota Story
- Megumi (manga)
- "Parental love versus Kim Jong-il", By Kosuke Takahashi of Asia Times Online, April 28, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 15, 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 31, 2014. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
|This biographical article about a Japanese activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|