Samuel Santos López
Samuel Santos López (born December 13, 1938) is a Nicaraguan politician, formerly the Minister of Foreign Affairs, appointed to the post on January 10, 2007 until 2017. He is also currently a director of the Bolsa de Valores de Nicaragua (Stock Exchange of Nicaragua).
Santos Lopez was born in Managua, Nicaragua, to Samuel Santos-Fernandez and Lucila Lopez-Bermudez.
He is a member of the Sandinista National Liberation Front, and is involved with a number of businesses and organisations.
On 13 April 2010, Santos López was awarded the Order of Friendship by President of South Ossetia Eduard Kokoity, "For a great contribution to the development of friendly relations among the nations, and actively support the independence of South Ossetia, and strengthening its international authority". Nicaragua was one of the first countries to recognize South Ossetian independence.
- Goodwin, Michael (October 19, 1983). "Koch And Managua's Mayor Have A Debate". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "Court weighs Caribbean islets row". BBC News. 13 December 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "Nicaragua steps up sea border row". BBC News. 13 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "Decree on conferring the Order of Friendship to Samuel Santos López" (in Russian). President of South Ossetia (official website). 13 April 2010. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Biography at the Ministry of Foreign Relations (in Spanish)
Norman José Caldera Cardenal
|Foreign Minister of Nicaragua
January 10, 2007 – 2017
|This article about a mayor in Nicaragua is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|