San Ignazio (Metro Bilbao)
|Location||168 Lehendakari Agirre St.|
|Owned by||Metro Bilbao S.A.|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Structure type||Underground station|
|Opened||11 November 1995|
San Ignazio (formerly San Inazio) is a station of line 1 and line 2 of Metro Bilbao. It is located in the San Ignazio-Elorrieta neighbourhood, part of the Deustu district. The station is in close proximity to the San Ignazio Sports Center and the Elorrieta football field. It was opened on 11 November, 1995.
San Ignazio is the only one of the Metro Bilbao underground stations to have three tracks and an island platform. The station is bigger due to it being the last of the shared section between lines 1 and 2 northbound, with each line splitting into a different tunnel after the station. Also, unlike the other underground stations within the city, it does not have the typical cavern-shaped layout. It was designed by Norman Foster.
- 162 Lehendakari Agirre St. (Lekeitio exit, closed during night time services)
- 167 Lehendakari Agirre St. (Benita Asas exit, closed during night time services)
- 179 Lehendakari Agirre St. (Asturias exit)
- 2 Levante Plaza (Levante exit)
- 170 Lehendakari Agirre St. (Levante exit)
The station is served by Line 1 to Etxebarri, Bidezabal and Plentzia and Line 2 to Basauri and Santurtzi. There are trains to San Inazio every two minutes, as both lines run in the same direction, trains from line 2 to Santurtzi and Bidezabal every five minutes and to Plentzia every twenty minutes. There are extended services on weekends. Passengers looking to interchange from line 1 to line 2 or vice versa may do it in this station.
|Preceding station||Metro Bilbao||Following station|
The station is served by the following local Bilbobus lines:
- 10 Elorrieta - Plaza Circular
- 13 San Ignazio - Txurdinaga
- 18 San Ignazio - Zorrotza
- 71 Miribilla - San Ignazio
The following Bizkaibus lines serve this station:
- A2314 Bilbao - Erandio Goikoa - UPV/EHU
- A3411 Bilbao - Getxo - Azkorri