Saturn peaches are smaller and flatter than a regular peach. Their skin is yellow and red, and they are usually less fuzzy than ordinary peaches. Their flesh is also a lot firmer, sweeter and more fragrant than a regular peach. The inside of the peach is more pale in appearance.
They are harvested in late spring through the end of summer.
The taste is actually quite exquisite .
They are known by many other names, including doughnut peach, paraguayo peach, pan tao peach, saucer peach, belly-up peach, UFO peach, flat peach, hat peach, custard peach, or pita peach.
- Woys, William. "‘Saturn’ Peaches". Motherearthnews.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Donut Peach | Harvest to Table". Harvestwizard.com. 2008-05-27. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Tabitha Alterman October/November 2006 (2009-08-27). "Top 10 Reasons to Try a Donut Peach". Motherearthnews.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Zoe Williams (2009-07-15). "Doughnut peaches the new craze | Life and style". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Peaches". Viva Tierra Organic. Retrieved 2013-12-06.