Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts
|Author||Leslie and Les Parrott|
|Subject||Preparation for marriage|
Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before (and After) You Marry is a 1995 book by Leslie and Les Parrott, a married couple. The two have collaboratively written other books as well, including Becoming Soul Mates and The Marriage Mentor Manual. Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts is a Christian non-fiction book that focuses on premarital issues. The book comprehensively explains how to be prepared for marriage. Video lessons were included with the publication of the book. In the book, the Parrotts argue that people should seek self-realization individually and cannot expect their spouses to bring about that change in them. They also recommend complimenting one's spouse at least daily. In the book The Family, Jack and Judith Balswick recommended Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts to couples preparing for marriage. Adriana Barton of The Globe and Mail called the Parrotts' book "anodyne."
- Leslie Parrott; Les Parrott (1995). Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before (and After) You Marry. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan. ISBN 0310492408.
- Bethany Pico (February 20, 2013). "Popular marriage counselors Les and Leslie Parrott visit campus". Liberty University. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "How to be a good friend". Crosswalk.com. July 12, 1999. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- David Rainey (2008). Faith Reads: A Selective Guide to Christian Nonfiction. ABC-CLIO. p. 127. ISBN 1591588472.
- Ed Wheat; Gaye Wheat (2010). Intended for Pleasure: Sex Technique and Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage (4 ed.). Revell. p. 266. ISBN 0800719573.
- Tim Clinton; Ron Hawkins (2011). The Popular Encyclopedia of Christian Counseling: An Indispensable Tool for Helping People with Their Problems. Harvest House. p. 260. ISBN 0736943579.
- Sherrie Wilkolaski (2007). How to Start a Wedding Planning Business. Lulu. p. 303. ISBN 1411664442.
- Ruby Taylor Newton (March 7, 2010). "Wedded Bliss". Fiji Times. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Jack O. Balswick; Judith K. Balswick (2007). The Family: A Christian Perspective on the Contemporary Home (3 ed.). Baker Publishing Group. p. 70. ISBN 1441200622.
- Adriana Barton (May 20, 2009). "Forni-fables". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
|This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|