Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Theodoros B. GrivasDino Samartzis
BioMed Central (UK)
|Scoliosis Spinal Disord.|
Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders (ISSN 2397-1789) is an international, multidisciplinary open-access, peer-reviewed, online-only medical journal addressing all spine conditions. The journal encompasses all aspects of research on prevention, diagnosis, treatment, outcomes and cost-analyses of conservative and surgical management of all spinal deformities, disorders and conditions (e.g. low back pain, degenerative disc disease, trauma, etc). Both clinical and basic science reports form the cornerstone of the journal in its endeavor to provide original, primary studies as well as narrative/systematic reviews and meta-analyses to the academic community and beyond. The journal aims to provide an integrated and balanced view of cutting-edge spine research to further enhance effective collaboration among clinical spine specialists and scientists, and to ultimately improve patient outcomes based on an evidence-based spine care approach. The journal has had a remarkable history in providing thought-provoking and cutting-edge research and perspectives.
Published by BioMed Central, Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders is the official journal of the Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT) and is also affiliated with the International Research Society of Spinal Deformities (IRSSD), Hellenic Spine Society (HSS), Italian Scoliosis and Spine Study Group (GSS), Italian Physiotherapist Association (AIFI), Study in Multidisciplinary Pain Research (SIMPAR), Chinese Orthopaedic Research Society (CORS), and the International Spine and Pain Consortium (ISPC).
The journal was initially started in 2006 and was called "Scoliosis". In 2016, the journal changed its name to Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders, and extended its scope to include all spine-related issues and themes. The journal is currently indexed in PubMed, Scopus and dozens of other search engines. Its editorial board is composed of world leading spine experts located throughout the globe.
As of 2016, the Editors-in-Chief are Theodoros B. Grivas from the Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedics at Tzaneio General Hospital in Piraeus, Greece and Dino Samartzis from the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The University of Hong Kong in Hong Kong.
- Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders: About Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders (accessed 3 March 2016)
- NCBI Journals: Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders (search on "2397-1789"; accessed 2 March 2016)
- Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders: Editorial Board (accessed 3 March 2016)
- Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders journal
- PubMedCentral: Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders
- "Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders journal: a new, cutting-edge frontier in spine publishing"
- Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT)
- International Research Society of Spinal Deformities (IRSSD)
- Hellenic Spine Society (HSS)
- Italian Scoliosis and Spine Study Group (GSS)
- Study in Multidisciplinary Pain Research (SIMPAR)
- International Spine and Pain Consortium (ISPC)