SeaGate Convention Centre
SeaGate Convention Centre is a performing arts and convention center located in downtown Toledo, Ohio. Opened on March 27, 1987, the Centre's exhibit hall measures 74,520 square feet (207 feet by 360 feet) of space and seats up to 5,100 for a banquet, 9,000 for a meeting, and 4,000 in a classroom configuration. It can be divided into three smaller halls, and, when used for concerts with a 60 foot by 40 foot stage, can seat 2,000 (in one of the smaller halls), 3,000 (in two of the smaller halls) or 5,900 (in the entire hall) for concerts, stage shows, and other shows, this so that there are no bad seats in the house. Many of those seats used for concerts are in telescopic risers; there are 18 telescopic units at the arena, set up in sections of six; as a result there are six sections of riser seating and a total of 3,216 in the risers (536 per section).
SeaGate Convention Centre also features 17,552 square feet (1,631 m2) of meeting space.
The facility was host for the following notable events:
- Gathering of the Juggalos 2001 (July 13–15, 2001)
- Mid-American Conference Men's Basketball Tournament (1996-1999, annually)
- Toledo Ice (ABA) (partial 2005-2006 season)
- Glass City Rollers (WFTDA) (current tenant)
Jehovah's Witnesses; Also was annually used for Jehovah's witnesses conventions from 2005-2012
- "Send in the Clowns (Toledo braces for juggernaut of 'Juggalos' at 3-day event)". Toledo Blade. 2007-07-14.
- "Ice gets new beginning as Knights Team scheduled to play at local schools". Toledo Blade. 2006-12-19.
|This article about a building or structure in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|