International Finance Center Seoul
|International Finance Centre Seoul|
|서울국제금융센터 (IFC 서울)|
|Type||Offices, Retail, Hotel|
|Owner||Brookfield Asset Management|
|Floor area||5,400,000 sq ft (120 acres)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||American International Group (AIG),
Seoul Metropolitan Government
|Main contractor||Hyundai Engineering & Construction, Daelim E&C|
International Finance Centre Seoul(서울국제금융센터), commonly known IFC Seoul(아이 에프 시 서울), is a mixed-use integrated commercial development in Seoul, South Korea. It is located in Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The IFC project is one of the first large-scale developments in Korea, led by an international consortium. It was officially launched in 2005, and is part of Seoul Metropolitan Government's plan to rejuvenate the Yeouido area as a regional financial hub.
The 500,000 square meter development made up of IFC Office Towers, Conrad Seoul Hotel and IFC Mall Seoul, designed by Arquitectonica. Completed in 2012, it is the 2nd tallest building in Seoul, and the 6th tallest in Korea.
- IFC Office Towers: Opened in 2011 consists of three office towers: The 32-story One IFC Office Tower, the 29-story Two IFC Office Tower, the 55-story Three IFC Office Tower, and the tallest of the three at 284 metres.
- IFC Mall Seoul - opened on 30 August 2012
- Conrad Seoul Hotel - opened on 12 November 2012
Conrad Seoul Hotel
The Conrad Seoul Hotel is a luxury five-star hotel located in one of the four towers in the IFC complex. It is part of the Conrad Hotels & Resorts, a premier luxury brand of Hilton Hotel Group, helmed by general manager Nils-Arne Schroeder, and the first Conrad hotel in Korea.
The lobby is flanked by a 36.5-meter spiral staircase, connecting the lobby through to the fifth floor. The hotel has 434 guestrooms and suites spread throughout 38-stories. The standard rooms are 48 square meters and the penthouse is 288 square meters. Other facilities includes ballrooms and meeting rooms, as well as Pulse8, a 24-hour gym opened all year round.
- Lee, Hyo-sik (2 September 2009). "Youngpoong to Open New Bookstore". Korea Times. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Kwon, Mee-yoo (5 January 2010). "Yeouido Has Image Problem as Financial Hub". Korea Times. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Kim, Violet (30 December 2011). "12 reasons to visit Korea in 2012". CNN Travel. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Chung, Joo-won (27 August 2012). "IFC Seoul Office Tower promoted as landmark in financial district of Yeouido". Korea Herald. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Yeouido mega mall". Joongang Daily. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Cha, Frances (30 August 2012). "IFC Mall opens in Seoul". CNN Travel. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Conrad Hotel to Open in Seoul This Winter". Chosun Ilbo. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Cha, Frances (13 November 2012). "Conrad Seoul opens in Korea: For business travelers sick of competing for hotel rooms with tourists". CNN Travel. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Lee, Hyo-sik (26 July 2012). "Conrad challenges Lotte, Shilla Hotel". Korea Times. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Rahn, Kim (15 November 2012). "Conrad Seoul new hospitality landmark". Korea Times. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Enjoy smart stay at Conrad Seoul". Korea Times. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2013.