Sherman Stonor, 6th Baron Camoys
|The Lord Camoys|
|Born||Ralph Robert Watts Sherman Stonor
5 July 1913
|Died||9 March 1976(aged 62)|
|Title||6th Baron Camoys|
|Offices||Deputy Lieutenant of Oxfordshire|
|Predecessor||6th Baron Camoys|
|Successor||7th Baron Camoys|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Jeanne née Stourton|
|Parents||Ralph Stonor, 5th Baron Camoys|
In 1938, Sherman Stonor married (Mary) Jeanne Stourton (1913-1987), the third and youngest daughter of Captain Herbert Marmaduke Joseph Stourton, OBE (grandson of the 19th Baron Stourton), and his wife, Frances (daughter of the 4th Viscount Southwell). The couple had the following issue:
- The Honorable Julia Maria Cristina Mildred Stonor, now The Honourable Julia Camoys Stonor (b. 1939) married Donald Saunders in 1963 (div 1977, annulled 1978, he died 1996), and has issue.
- Ralph Thomas Campion George Sherman Stonor, 7th Baron Camoys (b. 16 April 1940), married Elisabeth Hyde Parker in 1966 and has issue. Succeeded his father to the barony in 1976.
- The Honorable Georgina Mary Hope Stonor (b. 1941), unmarried
- The Honorable Harriet Pauline Sophia Stonor (b. 1943) married Julian Cotterell in 1965, and has issue.
- The Honourable John Edmund Robert Stonor (1946—1994), who died unmarried
- Kidd, Charles and David Williamson. "Camoys, Baron (Stonor)(Baron E 1383)." Debrett's Peerage & Baronetage 1995. London: Debrett's Peerage Limited, 1995. p. 208.
- "Lord Camoys". The Times. London, England. 10 March 1976. p. 16 – via The Times Digital Archive 1785–2008.
- 6th Baron Camoys at thepeerage.com
|Peerage of England|
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a noble house or article about nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|