Silver Creek High School (Sellersburg, Indiana)
|Silver Creek High School|
557 Renz Avenue
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||West Clark Community Schools|
|Athletics conference||Mid-Southern Conference|
Silver Creek High School is located in Sellersburg, Indiana. It is part of the West Clark Community Schools. The school colors are orange and blue, and the school mascot is the Dragons. Silver Creek's athletic teams are part of the 10-school Mid-Southern Conference.
Silver Creek High has produced two Division 1 basketball players, Steven (Steve) Michael Green and Matthew (Matt) Renn. Green went on to play at Indiana University. Green also played professional basketball for the Indiana Pacers. Renn had a successful collegiate career for the Indiana State Sycamores, leading the Sycamores to 2 NCAA Tournaments and ultimately being inducted into the Indiana State Hall of Fame. Silver Creek High School's boys cross country team was the 1990 IHSAA State Runner-up; John East claimed the invidividual cross country title in 1991. Silver Creek also has a successful tennis program.
President George W. Bush visited SCHS on October 28, 2006, as a stop for Congressman Mike Sodrel preceding the mid-term elections of 2006.
- "Silver Creek High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Steve Green". Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 2011-09-12.
- "Hayley Turner and Kari Henley". Indiana University Women's Rowing. Archived from the original on 2011-09-06.
- Silver Creek High School website
- West Clark Community Schools website
- IU Hoosiers Rowing Roster 2011-2012
|This Louisville metro area-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|