- Sometime Chairman of the Council of the Duchy of Lancaster (became a member 1993; retired as Chairman and member of Council on 31 December 2005).
- Appointed to the Board of Foreign and Colonial Investment Trust in March 1998, he is Chairman of the Private Equity Committee and represents the Company's interests on the advisory committee of its Private Equity Managers.
He joined IBM in 1967 and then joined the stockbroking firm, Buckmaster & Moore, in 1968 and moved to Smith & Williamson in 1974 where he was subsequently chairman and to which he is now a consultant. He was also chairman of Smith & Williamson Investment Management Ltd for seven years. He has been advising private clients and families on quoted and unquoted investments and property portfolios for 35 years.
- He is chairman of JP Morgan Fleming Claverhouse Investment Trust Plc.
- Patron of Holy Innocents, Great Barton, Suffolk.
- A name at Lloyd's of London, he became chairman of the PSL (Personal Stop Loss) Policyholders' Association.
- He was appointed a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO) in the 2005 Birthday Honours
- Was High Sheriff of Suffolk in 2006.
- Is a Deputy Lieutenant of Suffolk.
|Baronetage of England|
(John) William Napier Bunbury
(of Stanney Hall)
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|