Ogden was born in Rochdale, England. He was educated at Rochdale Grammar School (now Balderstone Technology College). He was awarded a scholarship to University College, Durham in 1965, where he received a BSc in Physics (1968) and a PhD in Theoretical Physics (1971). He continued his education at Harvard Business School, receiving an MBA in Business Studies in 1973.
- Knighthood for hero of poor but bright kids, Rochdale Observer, 4 January 2005. Retrieved: 21 April 2008
- Computercenter Senior Management, Computacenter plc website. Retrieved: 21 April 2008
- Computacenter website, key dates. Retrieved 27 March 2009
- Charity Commission: Registered Charity No. 1037570
- Exams reformer given knighthood BBC News, 31 December 2004
- Graham, Bob (30 January 1996). "When killers came to a rich man's playground". The Independent. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|