Sito (footballer, born 1980)
Sito with Ipswich Town in 2006
|Full name||Luis Castro Rodríguez|
|Date of birth||21 May 1980|
|Place of birth||A Coruña, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Full back|
|1998–1999||Deportivo La Coruña|
|2002||→ Calahorra (loan)||18||(0)|
|2003||→ O Val (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 March 2017.
After starting professionally with CD Lugo and CD Calahorra, Sito spent three seasons with another Galician club, Racing Club de Ferrol – two in Segunda División and another in Segunda División B. He signed with English side Ipswich Town on 5 August 2005 on a free transfer, after a trial.
After two years in and out of the first team, Sito enjoyed a good spell in the 2007–08 campaign, following injuries and loss of form to those ahead of him in the pecking order. He scored his only goal for the Blues and in the Championship against Scunthorpe United, helping to a 2–1 away win on 22 March 2008; previously, in early January 2006, he had extended his contract with the club until the 2008 summer.
Sito was released by Ipswich in May 2008 and returned to Spain the following month, joining UD Salamanca. His best output consisted of 35 games in his third year (34 starts), but the Charros were relegated from the second level.
- "Ipswich snap up Sito after U-turn". BBC Sport. 5 August 2005. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Scunthorpe 1–2 Ipswich". BBC Sport. 22 March 2008. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Sito signs new deal with Ipswich". BBC Sport. 5 January 2006. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Sito to exit Ipswich in clear-out; BBC Sport, 15 May 2008
- 'Sito' Castro llega para reforzar la defensa charra ('Sito' Castro arrives to strengthen the 'charra' defense); Diario AS, 21 June 2008 (in Spanish)