Skin (2018 film)
|Directed by||Guy Nattiv|
|Written by||Guy Nattiv|
|Music by||Dan Romer|
Skin is an American biographical drama film written and directed by Guy Nattiv, based on his short film of the same name.  It follows the life of former skinhead group member Bryon Widner, and stars Jamie Bell, Vera Farmiga, Danielle Macdonald, Mike Colter, and Bill Camp.
It had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2018.
- Jamie Bell as Bryon "Pitbull" Widner
- Tyler Williamson as Young Bryon
- Vera Farmiga as Shareen Krager
- Danielle Macdonald as Julie Larsen
- Mike Colter as Daryle Lamont Jenkins
- Bill Camp as Fred "Hammer" Krager
- Mary Stuart Masterson as Agent Jackie Marks
- Daniel Henshall as Slayer
- Ari Barkan as Bulldog
- Justin Wilson as Mike
- Scott Thomas as Sean
- Michael Villar as Jerry
- Steven Vacnin as Arab Boy
On May 11, 2017, international rights to Skin, based on the short film of the same name written and directed by Israeli filmmaker Guy Nattiv, was bought by Seville International at the 70th Cannes Film Festival. The short film version, also starring Danielle Macdonald, won the Best Short Film prize at the 2018 HollyShorts Film Festival. In August 2018, it was reported that composer Dan Romer would be scoring the music for the feature.
In May 2017, it was announced that Jamie Bell and Danielle Macdonald would star in the film, with Nattiv writing the screenplay, producing and directing the feature adaptation. In March 2018, after production on the film had started, Vera Farmiga was announced to have joined the cast of the film, with Nattiv's wife Jaime Ray Newman reported to be producing. That same month, Mike Colter was cast as Daryle Lamont Jenkins, founder of the One People's Project. Shortly thereafter, actors Ari Barkan, Scott Thomas, Daniel Henshall, Michael Villar, Justin Wilson, and Russel Posner joined the cast.
- Erasing Hate, a documentary film directed by Bill Brummel, covers the life of Bryon Widner.
- "Skin". Toronto International Film Festival. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Skin Short Film Trailer 2018-YouTube
- Tartaglione, Nancy (May 11, 2017). "IM Global's Anthem Gets 'Real' & More; Geoffrey Rush, Jai Courtney Join 'Storm Boy' – Cannes Briefs". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- "2018 HollyShorts Film Festival Awards – Guy Nattiv's 'Skin' Wins Best Short Film". Vimooz.com. August 19, 2018. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- "Dan Romer Scoring Guy Nattiv's 'Skin'". Film Music Reporter. August 24, 2018. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- Kay, Jeremy (May 11, 2017). "Jamie Bell, Danielle Macdonald to star in Neo-Nazi drama 'Skin'". Screen International. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Galuppo, Mia (March 2, 2018). "Vera Farmiga Joins Jamie Bell in Neo-Nazi Drama 'Skin' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (March 15, 2018). "'Luke Cage' Star Mike Colter Joins Chrissy Metz In 'The Impossible'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Kay, Jeremy (August 14, 2018). "Toronto unveils Contemporary World Cinema, more Galas and Special Presentations". Screen International. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Seetoodeh, Ramin (September 11, 2018). "Toronto: A24 and DIRECTV Acquire 'Skin' Starring Jamie Bell (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved September 11, 2018.