Sloppy seconds (or slops in Australian slang) is a slang phrase for when a man has sexual intercourse with a female or male partner who already has received another man's penis in the relevant orifice and is therefore wet or "sloppy". The phrase buttered bun is sometimes used to refer to said orifice. The practice is also referred to as a "wet deck".
The term is used, by extension, to refer to any act of entering into a sexual relationship with a person who had previously been in a sexual relationship with someone else in one's peer group.
- Dalzell, Tom; Victor, Terry, eds. (2013). The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English (2nd ed.). Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-61949-3.
- Paul Baker (25 May 2004). Fantabulosa: A Dictionary of Polari and Gay Slang. Bloomsbury Academic. p. 194. ISBN 978-0-8264-7343-1.
- Doyle, Charles (2012). The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs. New Haven: Yale University Press. p. 234. ISBN 0300136021.
- Congressional Record. July 23, 1998. p. 16928. Original source: "Where'd you learn that?", article in Time magazine, Monday, June 15, 1998.
- Comfort, Alex (1987). The Joy of Sex: a Cordon Bleu guide to lovemaking. New York: Pocket Books. p. 160. ISBN 0671735187.
- Grose, Francis; Partridge, Eric (2004). A Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue. Washington, D.C., United States: Beard Books. p. 63. ISBN 1587982471.
- Edwin Benzel Steen and James Harold Price, Human Sex and Sexuality (1988), p. 332.
- Luisa Dillner, Love by Numbers: The Hidden Facts Behind Everyone's Relationships (2009), p. 47.
|This sexuality-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|