Someone to Love (film)
|Someone to Love|
|Directed by||Henry Jaglom|
|Produced by||Michael Jaglom
|Written by||Henry Jaglom|
|Distributed by||Castle Hill Productions Inc.|
Someone to Love, directed by Henry Jaglom, is a film made in 1987. It was Orson Welles' final live action film appearance, released after his death but produced before his voice-over in The Transformers: The Movie.
- Orson Welles.......Himself
- Danny Sapir........Henry Jaglom
- Helene Eugene......Andrea Marcovicci
- Mickey Sapir.......Michael Emil
- Edith Helm.........Sally Kellerman
- Yolena.............Oja Kodar
- Blue...............Stephen Bishop
- Harry..............David Frishberg
- Theatre Manager....Miles Kreuger
The film is a pseudo documentary about a filmmaker who throws a Valentine's Day party at an old theater that is about to be demolished. The filmmaker invites numerous single friends, including his brother, the real estate agent who sold the theater to a developer who is going to build a modern shopping mall, to the party and then quizzes them on camera about their lives, failed relationships, intimacy issues, and loneliness.
- Your Name Here (2015 film) – a 2015 Canadian docufiction film directed by B. P. Paquette featuring dozens of amateur actors and that examines the art and craft of movie acting, and the desire for movie stardom.
- Hello Cinema – a 1995 Iranian docufiction film directed by Mohsen Makhmalbaf that shows various everyday people being auditioned and explaining their reason for wanting to act in a film.
- Filming Othello – a 1978 documentary film directed by and starring Orson Welles about the making of his award-winning1952 production Othello.
- F for Fake – the last major film completed by Orson Welles, who directed, co-wrote, and starred in the film, which is loosely a documentary that operates in several different genres and has been described as a kind of film essay.
- "Festival de Cannes: Someone to Love". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
|This film article about a 1980s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|