Soul for Real
|Soul for Real|
|Also known as||Soul 4 Real, Soul IV Real, Soul For Real, SFR|
|Origin||Wheatley Heights, New York, United States|
|Genres||R&B, hip hop soul|
|Labels||Uptown Records (1994-1997)
Chrome Dome/Warlock (1999)
Aljoba Music Group (2003-2008)
Imperial Ent. LLC.(2011-2014)
Leviathan Entertainment Group LLC.
|Members||Jason "Jase" a.k.a. Jase4Real
Andre "Dre" a.k.a. KD
Christopher "Chris" a.k.a. Choc
Soul for Real (also known as Soul 4 Real and Soul IV Real) is an R&B group from Wheatley Heights, New York, currently living in Atlanta, Georgia made up of brothers Christopher Sherman Dalyrimple a.k.a. Choc (born April 30, 1971), Andre "Dre" Lamont Dalyrimple a.k.a. KD now (born April 4, 1974), Brian "Bri" Augustus Dalyrimple (born December 14, 1975), and Jason "Jase" Oliver Dalyrimple a.k.a. Jase4Real (born May 10, 1980).
Formed in 1992, Soul for Real signed with Uptown Records and released their debut album Candy Rain on March 28, 1995. Produced by Heavy D, Candy Rain's first single was the album's title track. The song hit #1 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 chart. Their second single, "Every Little Thing I Do", reached #11 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and #17 on the Hot 100 chart. A third single, "If You Want It" reached #53 on the R&B charts.
After touring and the success of their debut album, they group quickly began work on their sophomore album. Soul for Real's second album, For Life, was produced by Sean Combs and released on September 24, 1996. The album peaked at #29 on the Billboard R&B chart and #119 on the Billboard 200. It was led by the single "Never Felt This Way" which did not gain much airplay. However, the album's second single "Love You So" did much better, peaking at #64 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in 1997.
Staying under Heavy D's tutelage, the group moved to independent label Chrome Dome Records for their third album, Heat. After a distribution deal with Tommy Boy Music fell through, Warlock Records took over distribution and released the album on May 18, 1999. The album failed to chart and produced one single, "Can't Wait."
In 2003, the group formed the label Aljoba Music Group (AMG).
In 2009, Brian Dalyrimple was indicted on 145 counts of aggravated identity fraud, and Jason and Andre were not indicted for associated roles. Following Brian's arrest, the other three brothers, KD (Andre), Jason "Jase" Oliver and Choc (Chris) remained as members of the group and continued on as Soul For Real.
In 2012, they announced that they were in the studio working on their fourth studio album, and have revealed the album title to be The Evolution: Journey. They released a new single titled "Can't Leave U Alone." That same year, the youngest member Jase, went by the name of Jase4Real as a solo artist.
In 2016, Soul For Real released a new single "Love Again" and Jase released a solo single titled "If You Feelin' Like Me (IYFLM)" with a video available on his YouTube channel. The following year, the group released the official video for "Love Again" and premiered it on their VEVO channel.
Jase4Real, formerly known as Jason "Jase" lead singer of platinum selling R&B group Soul for Real. He is known for singing lead on "Candy Rain" the group's biggest hit to date.
Now grown up, he went on to pursue a solo career, releasing two solo albums & a mixtape; "If You Feel Like Me". The mixtape is described as having a clever, hood-sexy sound with songs that are ultimately about love and life; it's a true display of mature urban music with crossover appeal.
Other than music, Jase established his own independent production company, JASEMAKERMUSIC LLC. based out of Atlanta, Ga. In addition to that, he's also opened up his a label: BEA MUSIC ENT, on which he will release his future projects and work with other upcoming artists as well.
In 2001, Choc pursued a solo career, and released a debut single "Crazy" that failed to achieve any level of success he was hoping to get. That same year he released another one "Make My Move" which had the same result as the debut single off the unreleased album "Choc A Lot". Therefore, it made Choc stop music for a while and focus on his personal life.
Now in 2017, hoping to make a comeback, Choc-boy released a new single entitled "Want U2 Know". Later in the year, Choc4Real released "American Girl" as a second single.
Brian is now a proud owner of Naomi's Caribbean Cuisine, a restaurant he opened up recently in Atlanta, Georgia.
In the early 2000's 'Dre ran an independent production company: Uncle Dre Day Embroideries LLC. On his MySpace he used to release some solo music with his alter ego Uncle Dre.
Now Andre "Dre" is known as KD.
|Year||Album||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|TBA||The Evolution: Journey
|U.S. Hot||U.S. R&B||AUS
|1995||"Candy Rain"||2||1||-||50||23||Candy Rain|
|"Every Little Thing I Do"||17||11||63||28||31|
|"If You Want It"||-||53||-||-||-|
|1996||"Never Felt This Way"||-||-||-||-||-||For Life...|
|1997||"Love You So"||-||64||-||-||-|
|2007||"One Man" (featuring Jadakiss)||-||-||-||-||-||Non-Album Singles|
|2012||"Can’t Leave U Alone" (featuring Amanda Dalyrimple)||-||-||-||-||-|
- Bush, John. "Soul for Real: Artist Bio". billboard.com. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Soul for Real Discography: Candy Rain". billboard.com. Archived from the original on October 12, 2015. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Soul for Real: Artist Chart History". billboard.com. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Soul for Real Discography: For Life". billboard.com. Archived from the original on October 12, 2015. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Soul for Real Discography: Heat". billboard.com. Archived from the original on October 12, 2015. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Can't Wait: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Richburg, Chris (2007-07-25). "Soul For Real: Perfect Independent Timing". allhiphop.com. Retrieved 2009-03-21.
- "Soul For Real Members Arrested for Identity Theft". Theboombox.com. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Black Music Month Interview Series: R&B Group Soul For Real Returns & Speak to UB – UrbanBridgez.com | Urban Entertainment E-Zine". Urbanbridgez.com. 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "New Music: Soul For Real is Back with the Hot New Ballad "Can't Leave U Alone" – UrbanBridgez.com | Urban Entertainment E-Zine". Urbanbridgez.com. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Soul for Real Certifications". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 1-5-2012. Check date values in:
- Australian (ARIA) chart peaks:
- Top 100 peaks to December 2010: Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Every Little Thing I Do": "The Australian ARIA Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 02 Jun 1996". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved 2017-12-11. N.B. The HP column displays the highest peak reached.
- "charts.org.nz > Soul for Real in New Zealand Charts". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- "Official Charts > Soul for Real". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 2017-12-11.