Sports Illustrated: Championship Football & Baseball
North American Box art (Super NES)
|Composer(s)||Audio Cyber Factory (Super NES version)|
Multiplayer (up to two players)
Sports Illustrated: Championship Football & Baseball (known in Europe as All-American Championship Football) is a multiplatform sports video game that is licensed by the leading sports magazine, Sports Illustrated, which features both American football and baseball games.
In the American football mode, players can play a complete season of 16 games plus playoffs with 90 different players for both teams. Sometimes, the camera zooms in on the action in American football mode when a play is significant enough to affect the overall game. Baseball mode gives the players 28 unlicensed teams in addition to various offensive and defensive plays. Both season modes come with complete league standings, a complete team/league schedule, and team comparisons to each other prior to each game.
GamePro panned the Super NES version, citing the limited number of options, weak graphics which make it difficult to follow the action, subdued sound effects, and the use of generic teams and players instead of real teams, elaborating that "the lack of player identification keeps you removed from the action."
- "Release information (Super NES version)". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Composer information". SNESMusic.org. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Release information (Game Gear version)". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Release information (Game Boy version)". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Basic overview of game". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "ProvReview: Sports Illustrated Championship Football & Baseball". GamePro (57). IDG. April 1994. p. 119.
|This American football video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|