|Rod Favaron, CEO|
Number of employees
Spredfast is a global social media marketing software company that provides community management, social media marketing, content management, social care, and social media analytics tools to enterprise brands and agencies.
Founded in Austin, Texas in 2010, Spredfast has offices in Austin, New York City, London, Argentina, Sydney, Hamburg, and Ukraine.
As of 2016, Spredfast has more than 500 employees and more than 650 customers in 84 countries. Customers include Royal Caribbean, the National Basketball Association, the National Football League, Bank of America, Viacom and Target.
Founded in 2010, Spredfast is a privately owned, social marketing software company based in Austin, Texas. The company is led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Rod Favaron.
In 2010, the company raised its series A funding of $1.6 million from Austin Ventures. The company has since raised $138 million in combined debt and equity financing, most recently with $50 million in Series F funding in 2016.
In 2012, Spredfast launched their first annual user conference, Smart Social Summit, geared towards social media marketers to learn from peers and industry leaders. The event has expanded to include Smart Social New York, Smart Social London and the Smart Social Suite at SXSW. Speakers having included Former First Lady Michelle Obama, Arianna Huffington, and Trevor Noah.
In April 2014, Spredfast merged with social curation company, Mass Relevance. Mass Relevance’s technology aggregates and filters tweets to be displayed on broadcast TV.
In January 2015, Spredfast won an Emmy Award in Technology & Engineering for their work on campaigns such as President Barack Obama's Twitter Town Hall Meeting.
Services and partnerships
Spredfast products include Conversations (social media management), Intelligence (social analytics and research), Experiences (social media curation), Care (customer service) and Promotions (sweepstakes and surveys).
In April 2017, Spredfast was named a Contender in the Forrester Wave: Content Marketing Platforms, Q2 2017.
In October 2017, Spredfast was named a Representative Vendor in Gartner's Market Guide for Social Customer Service Applications.
- Hawkins, Lori (August 19, 2015). "Austin social media firm Spredfast acquiring Wisconsin company". Austin American Statesman.
- Calnan, Christopher (February 16, 2011). "Austin-based Spredfast recruits Lombardi Software CEO". Austin Business Journal.
- Clancy, Heather (June 1, 2016). "Social Marketing Software Specialist Scores $50 Million". Fortune.
- Wistrom, Brent (2016-10-28). "Trevor Noah in Austin: The Daily Show Host Spoke at Spredfast Summit". AINNO. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- Anderson, Will (June 28, 2017). "Michelle Obama to return to Austin as guest of social media software maker". Austin Business Journal.
- Sloane, Garrett (April 2, 2014). "Spredfast, Mass Relevance unite social marketing systems". Ad Week.
- Swiatecki, Chad (January 8, 2015). "Spredfast nabs tech Emmy after helping Obama in Twitterverse". Austin Business Journal.
- Ha, Anthony (August 19, 2015). "Spredfast acquires Shoutlet". Tech Crunch.
- Van Enkenvoort, Bob (August 19, 2015). "Madison-based Shoutlet sold to Spredfast". The Wisconsin State Journal.
- Clancy, Heather (June 1, 2016). "Spredfast marketing specialist scores $50 million". Fortune.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "Spredfast and Lithium Technologies Announce Merger | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- "Spredfast Conversations".
- Morrison, Kimberlee (April 8, 2015). "Spredfast Introduces Intelligence For Smart Social Marketing".
- "Spredfast Intelligence".
- "Exclusive: Spredfast launches 'Presenter' to allow broadcasters to better regulate on-air content". The Drum. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Spredfast Experiences".
- Dua, Tanya (November 4, 2016). "How Royal Caribbean Cruises got its social customer response time down to 11 minutes".
- "Spredfast Social Care".
- "Spredfast Launches First Shoutlet-Based Feature, A Contest- and Poll-Maker". MarTech Today. 2015-11-12. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Spredfast Promotions".
- "Market Guide for Social Marketing Management, 2015". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Gartner Social Marketing Primer 2016" (PDF).
- "Market Guide for Social Marketing Management". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Content Marketing Platforms, Q2 2017". www.forrester.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Social Media Management Solutions, Q2 2017". www.forrester.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Market Guide for Social Customer Service Applications". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Gartner, Market Guide for Social Analytics Applications". Gartner.