St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School
|St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School|
|Yorba Linda, California 92887|
|School type||Private Catholic|
|Motto||Prayer Peace Perseverance|
Navy, Green, Red, Yellow
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School is a private school located in the hills of Yorba Linda, California. The school was founded in September 1998 and provides a Catholic education for pre-school through eighth grade students. The school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment currently consists of more than 500 students from 320 families within the community. The facilities are made up of 20 classrooms, a networked computer lab with internet access, a multi-volumed, computerized library with research capabilities and internet access, extended care classrooms, a multi-purpose center and an amphitheater. The school has two playgrounds, a junior high wing, science lab, music room, advanced math lab and a Learning Lab.
The school also has staff and facilities available to provide extended care for registered school children of working families in Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grades.
"St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School is a Christ centered faith community that integrates faith with all aspects of living and learning. The tri-parish school welcomes the children from three parishes: St. Martin de Porres, San Antonio de Padua and Santa Clara de Asis. St. Francis accepts and educates students from the tri-parish community and the surrounding area from pre-school age through grade eight."
Diocesan approval for the school was obtained in December, 1996. The land was donated by the diocese, with the building and construction to be funded jointly by the parishes of San Antonio de Padua and St. Martin de Porres. The school opened in September, 1998.
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten classes are limited to 22 children per class, with a teacher and instructional aide. Currently in Kindergarten through grade 8, the average class size is less than 27 students and the maximum class size is 32 students. Students in Kindergarten and grades 1-2 are assisted by part-time instructional aides.
The school is a member of the Parochial Athletic League Teams (P.A.L.) 
The majority of graduates attend one of the following Catholic high schools:
- Cornelia Connelly High School (girls) in Anaheim
- JSerra Catholic High School (co-ed) in San Juan Capistrano
- Mater Dei High School (co-ed) in Santa Ana
- Rosary High School (girls) in Fullerton
- Servite High School (boys) in Anaheim
- Santa Margarita Catholic High School (co-ed) in Rancho Santa Margarita
- "Western Association of Schools and Colleges - School Listing". Retrieved 2012-04-06
- "Saint Francis of Assisi Catholic School | About St. Francis". Sfayl.org. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "Parochial Athletic League". Parochial Athletic League. 2012-03-31. Retrieved 2012-04-06.