State Prison of Kragskovhede
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2007, the prison had a capacity of 211 inmates and a staff of approximately 170.
- 1930 - Camp set as a labor camp for voluntary measure for the young unemployed.
- 1943 - Camp taken over by the German occupiers forces in Denmark to accommodate troop transports, equipment and prisoners of war.
- 1945 - On 27 August the camp was taken over by the Danish prison system under the name Criminal camp at Kragskovhede. It was used among other things to house traitors of Denmark.
- 1947 - the last traitor leave the camp and it is now being designed to house criminals.
- Slægts- og Lokalhistorisk Forening, Frederikshavn, årsskrift 2007, Kragskovhede