Stealth (video game)
|Developer(s)||Axes Art Amuse|
In Stealth, the player takes control of a squad of six U.S. Army soldiers in Vietnam during the Vietnam War. Gameplay is turn-based on a platoon's level, each squad member has the option to move, attack, wait, and in the case of the radio operator call in air or artillery support.
The majority of the enemy Viet Cong troops hide in the jungles and appear on the computers turn to shoot at one of your characters if they are in range. Objectives that are given out in each level are to travel to a designated site and destroy a number of missiles guarded by a few visible and fortified Viet Cong soldiers. Viet Cong soldiers wear the same uniform in the game as they did in real life. Their outfit consists of a floppy jungle hat, rubber sandals, and green fatigues without insignia. This was to make them virtually blend in with the civilian population that happened to live in the villages (many of them were affected by the Vietnam War in a negative way).
Each weapon has a different range (for its ammunition) and different a weight value (for the person who is carrying it).
There are 14 tracks on the soundtrack for this video game. Many of them indicate an event happening in the game (heavy artillery, change of turns, aircraft) while others are the standard game over/beating the game kind of music.
- Axes Art Amuse at Game Developer Research Institute
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- ステルス [スーパーファミコン]. Famitsu (in Japanese). Kadokawa Corporation. Archived from the original on 2015-09-27. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "Japanese Title". super-famicom.jp. Retrieved 2012-09-26.
- "Advanced game overview". Dion.ne.jp. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- "Game soundtrack overview". SNESMusic.org. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|