Steve Taylor (author)
|Steve Taylor, Ph.D|
Steve Taylor, Ph.D, born 1967, is a British author and lecturer in psychology who has written several books on psychology and spirituality. He is a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University.
Taylor's main interest is in transpersonal psychology, which investigates higher states of consciousness and 'awakening' experiences. Taylor received his PhD in Psychology from Liverpool John Moores University.
Taylor's books have been published in 19 languages, while his articles and essays have been published in both academic journals and in the popular media, including The Journal of Humanistic Psychology, the Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, The Journal of Consciousness Studies, Psychologies, Resurgence, The Daily Mail and The Daily Express. His work has been featured widely in the media in the UK, including on BBC Breakfast, BBC World TV, Radio 4 and 5, and in The Guardian and The Independent. His work has been described by Eckhart Tolle as 'an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.
Taylor's book The Fall was described in The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies as "one of the most notable books of the first years of this century".
Taylor has been included in the list of the "100 Most Spiritually Influential Living people", published by Watkins Books, "Mind, Body, Spirit magazine", for the last four years. His latest book 'The Calm Center' is a book of reflections and meditations, published by Eckhart Tolle Editions, with a foreword by Eckhart Tolle.
Born in Urmston, Manchester, Steve attended Urmston Grammar School. Steve now lives in Old Trafford, Manchester, England, with his wife and three children.
- Out of Time. (2003). Nottingham: Pauper's Press. (Now out of print)
- The Fall: The Insanity of the Ego in Human History and the Dawning of a New Era. (2005). Ropley: O Books.
- Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it. (2007). London: Icon Books.
- Waking From Sleep: Why Awakening Experiences Occur and How to Make them Permanent. (2010). London: Hay House.
- Out of the Darkness: From Turmoil to Transformation. (2011). London: Hay House.
- Back to Sanity: Healing the Madness of our Minds. (2012). London: Hay House.
- The Meaning: Poetic and Spiritual Reflections.' (2013). Ropley: O Books.
- The Calm Center: Reflections and Meditations for Spiritual Awakening.' (2015) An Eckhart Tolle Edition (New World Library).
- The Leap: The Psychology of Spiritual Awakening.' (2017) An Eckhart Tolle Edition (New World Library).
- Not I, Not Other Than I: The Life and Teachings of Russel Williams. (2015). Ropley: O Books.
- "Author Biography: Steve Taylor". Hay House, Inc. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 2009, 41 (1), 22-43, Beyond the Pre/Trans Fallacy: the Validity of Pre-Egoic Spiritual Experience.
- Woman's Hour, BBC Radio 4, Feb 2012, Out of the Darkness
- Waking From Sleep ISBN 978-1-84850-179-9
- The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, 25, 2006 Elias Capriles.
- "Watkins’ Spiritual 100 List for 2012". Watkins Books. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- Watkin's Mind Body Spirit Magazine, Issue 33, Spring 2013 Watkins Publishing.
- "About Steve Taylor". Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- Official website
- Steve Taylor, Spontaneous Awakening Experiences: Beyond Religion and Spirituality The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 2012.
- Steve Taylor, The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, 2005, 24, 48-60 The Sources of Higher States of Consciousness.
- Steve Taylor, The Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 2012, 52 (1), 30-52 Transformation Through Suffering: A Study of Individuals Who Have Experienced Positive Psychological Transformation Following Periods of Intense Turmoil.
- Steve Taylor, talk on Out of the Darkness at Watkins Bookshop, London, 2011.
- 'Turn back the Clock.' BBC Magazine article on Making Time.