Stone Age (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Compilation album by The Rolling Stones|
|Released||6 March 1971|
|Producer||Andrew Loog Oldham|
|The Rolling Stones compilations chronology|
The Stones were strongly against this release. In full page ads in Record Mirror and NME on 20 March 1971 they stated, "We didn't know this record was going to be released. It is, in our opinion, below the standard we try to keep up, both in choice of content and cover design." The 12 songs, dating from the mid-1960s, were chosen because they had never appeared on a UK studio album, some having been originally released only on singles and some having only been released on US studio albums to that point.
All tracks composed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, except where noted.
- "Look What You've Done" (McKinley Morganfield)
- "It's All Over Now" (Bobby Womack, Shirley Womack)
- "Confessin' the Blues" (Walter Brown, Jay McShann)
- "One More Try"
- "As Tears Go By" (Jagger, Richards, Andrew Loog Oldham)
- "The Spider and the Fly" (Nanker Phelge)
- "My Girl" (Smokey Robinson, Ronald White)
- "Paint It Black"
- "If You Need Me" (Wilson Pickett, Robert Bateman, Sander)
- "The Last Time"
- "Blue Turns to Grey"
- "Around and Around" (Chuck Berry)
|Canada Top Albums/CDs (RPM)||51|
|Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)||13|
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||20|
|Norwegian Albums (VG-lista)||15|
|UK Albums (OCC)||4|
- Stone Age at AllMusic
- "Top RPM Albums: Issue 5187." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – The Rolling Stones – Stone Age" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – The Rolling Stones – Stone Age" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – The Rolling Stones – Stone Age". Hung Medien. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Rolling Stones | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart Retrieved 19 June 2016.