From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Stove pipe)
|Look up stovepipe in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Stovepipe may refer to:
- Stovepipe hat, a tall top hat with a consistent width
- Stovepipe pants, style of slim-fit pants also known as drainpipes
Computing and information theory
- Stovepipe (organisation), where the structure of the organization restricts flow of information through rigid lines of control
- Stovepipe system, the informal name given to a category of criticisms applied to assemblages of technology, sometimes also referred to as "stovepiping"
- Stovepiping, the use of improper channels to pass unvetted information to policy-makers
- In load balancing (computing), a method of enterprise design
- Stovepipe Wells, a small way-station in the northern part of Death Valley, in unincorporated Inyo County, California
- Stovepipe Wells Airport, a public airport located one mile (1.6 km) west of Death Valley National Park, serving Inyo County, California, USA
- Stovepipe Johnson (1834–1922), American Civil War colonel
- Daddy Stovepipe (1867–1963), African-American blues singer
- Devil's stovepipe, a hole formed when a tree that has been buried by an encroaching sand dune decomposes
- Stovepipe Cup, a design of the NHL's Stanley Cup, in use from 1927 to 1947
- Stovepipe (instrument), a musical instrument often used in jug bands
- Stovepipe jam, a type of firearm malfunction
- Stovepipe (play), by Adam Brace, produced in collaboration with the National Theatre in London in 2009
- Stovepipe tornado, storm chaser slang for a large cylindrically-shaped tornado
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Stovepipe.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.