Supreme Ruler: Cold War
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Supreme Ruler: Cold War|
Supreme Ruler: Cold War was developed by BattleGoat Studios and was officially announced August 19, 2010 by Paradox Interactive at the 2010 Gamescom video gaming convention held in Cologne, Germany and released on July 19, 2011. It is set during the Cold War Era from the end of World War II to the early 1990s. The main Campaign allows the player to be the head of either the USA or the USSR, while the Sandbox game mode can be played from any nation's point of view.
This is BattleGoat's third title in the Supreme Ruler series, following future-based titles Supreme Ruler 2010 (published in 2005) and Supreme Ruler 2020 (published in 2008). The gameplay features a new sophisticated Sphere of Influence system, as well as the usual military, economic and diplomatic simulation of the previous games.
Listed gameplay features:
- Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
- Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
- Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
- Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
- Grow and Modernize your Economy
- Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
- And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces!
- Enhanced Graphics and Sound including New 3D Terrain
- Experience the redesigned GUI with improved On-Map feedback and streamlined controls
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet