This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sylvia Toh Paik Choo is a newspaper columnist and humour writer from Singapore. She is the author of Eh Goondu! (1982) and Lagi Goondu! (1986), the first two books on Singlish. She was the first to put a spelling and punctuation to Singlish. Written with good humour, the books can be considered as social history. Paik Choo has been compared to Art Buchwald and Mark Twain. She now lives in the Bahamas.
- Eh Goondu! (1982, Eastern Universities Press) ISBN 9971711680
- The Pick of Paik Choo (1982, Times Books International) ISBN 997165122X
- Friendship, Courtship, Hatred, Love (1983, Times Books International) ISBN 9971651335
- Lagi Goondu! (1986, Times Books International) ISBN 9971652242
- The Original Singapore Sling Book (1986, Landmark Books) ISBN 9813002026
- On the Buses (1987, Landmark Books) ISBN 9813002077
- The Hosomes! (1994, Singapore Courtesy Council)
- The Complete Eh, Goondu! (2011, Marshall Cavendish Editions) ISBN 9789814328456
- Sylvia Toh Paik Choo (July 20, 2009). "Sylvia Toh Paik Choo for President. Hey, why not?". Retrieved 2010-01-21. - an article by Choo with some autobiographical details.
|This article about a Singaporean writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|